Glorentz
I recently bought a carb from CIP1 and its a 34 PIC 1. I think I need the 34Pic 3. I have a stock 73 super beetle.  Will this carb work or should I just save myself the trouble and send it back? Thanks
Geoff 73' Super Beetle "Not Running"
Quote 0 0
Sleepwalker
The 71-74 used the 34/3, except 74 Calif.(engine code AH, AM ) that used the 34/4. I would save myself the trouble if you can exchange it. Cip1 is real good of taking care of us out here.
"He who knows enough to learn, knows enough"
Quote 0 0
68autobug

Yes,
If You can return it , I would

but it should go OK

but the later one is suited to your engine...

[is there more pollution controls on the -4 carby?]

so long as the carby was used on a 1600 engine...

cheers

LEE

68AutoBug - helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia & around the World -

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
-
Quote 0 0
BugMan

I've got a single 30 pict on my 1600 stocker.  It starts up and runs like a champ.

Quote 0 0
Glorentz
I called over to CIP1 to get it changed over and I talked to the parts guy and he said it would work fine and I should not take advice from forums.  I thought he came off a bit rude. I thought it was suprising coming from CIP1.  I am going to let it arrive cause it is to late and give it a shot.
Geoff 73' Super Beetle "Not Running"
Quote 0 0
VSB74

Glorentz wrote:
I called over to CIP1 to get it changed over and I talked to the parts guy and he said it would work fine and I should not take advice from forums.  I thought he came off a bit rude. I thought it was suprising coming from CIP1.  I am going to let it arrive cause it is to late and give it a shot.

Now there's an interesting thought  If I hadn't taken advice from forums I'd still be figuring out how to put my bug together instead of driving it!

Rog
Quote 0 0