beetlemusic

hey all, I am wondering what mags. are there out there thatcan take the place of VWTrends for a classic vw enthusiast I already know about hot VWs and The german addiction I was wondering about others. there used to be a mag. called VW customs and classics is this still in print ( the only reason I remembered this one is I found an old issue on my book shelf) . where I live VWs are a novelty the nearest city that has a VW folowing is Memphis that is nearly 90 miles away the VW resources in this area that I live in are very few. thanks for any info.

Joe 

'71 super now collecting parts for restoration
Quote 0 0
Wayne

As far as US based air-cooled magazines, you mentioned the only two that I know of. Ultra VW and Volksworld are the two best from the UK. They both are large format magazines with beautiful color photography.

PS: VW Customs and Classics was only one issue, I think...

Quote 0 0
nipper552003

I guess,without asking, Primedia substituted "Eurotuner" for the balance of my VW Trends subscription...  man, are they waaaay off base, at least with me.  The magazine doesn't interest me at all.   Maybe if they put a few pictures of scantily-clad women in it (there were a couple of them in ads), I would at least pick it up at the magazine rack of the grocery store when doing the shopping with my wife, and thumb through it.  ("Honey, I'll be over at the magazines...")  But to subscribe to it???  No way.  Has nothing to do with the rich tradition of air-cooled Volkswagens. 

John Scribner

Quote 0 0
beetlemusic

I was only about a week from subscribing to trends luckily I didn't. I was getting the copies at the bookstore. I have started gtting hotVW this is where my children got the wild idea they wanted me to build a custom show car. my son (3) decided the color (yello) my daughtter decided how to decorate she wants big bright flowers to go with the bright yellow ( she got this idea from a franklin mint car I recently bought off ebay) they have such enthusiasm over the idea of having ther own bug they helped design. I'm sorry if I have started rambling on. thanks for listening

Joe 

'71 super now collecting parts for restoration
Quote 0 0
kingd33

Just got a mag called the German Addiction, Not a large mag but they are just starting out and are U.S. based.Just got the first one and it looks like it's worth the $8 for the subscription.

thegermanaddiction.com

Quote 0 0
s0cks
I just subscribed to the German Addiction, on your advice. Hope it's good!
73 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0
NYer_in_MI

I just received my first copy of "The German Addiction".  Despite one-two-minor type-o's, I'm impressed in the extreme by this new magazine!  The pages are glossy and thick, with brilliantly-colored photos and concise articles about each even / vehicle.  For a fledgling periodical, this one is a winner!

Daniel Mosher
Resident Cartoonist

www.allaircooled.com
www.superbeetles.com
Quote 0 0
s0cks
Ah, glad I subscribed then.
73 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0