OneOwner

here are some pics and a little videao from our INagural event in Ohio.It rained like Heck but we still had a good turn out and a lot of fun. Pics from our Gateway show should be up this weekend.

Enjoy,

Ray

http://cscdra.com/pages/events_2005dragway42.html

August 21, 2005. Martin, Michigan

September 24. Indianapolis, Indiana

more info http://www.cscdra.com

Minister of Propaganda
www.cscdra.com
Quote 0 0
Wayne

Thanks for posting the link to the event, it looks like it was  a blast!

Quote 0 0
NYer_in_MI

I think I saw that they're going to be in Michigan?  I am totally going!  I swear, if this is the only VW event that I get to make, this will be the one!

Daniel Mosher
Resident Cartoonist

www.allaircooled.com
www.superbeetles.com
Quote 0 0
OneOwner

Yah Martin Michagan is the next on on August 21st, then we have are last one of the season on Sept 24 at IRP. Make sure you introduce yourself I'll be at the car show registration booth.

-Ray

Minister of Propaganda
www.cscdra.com
Quote 0 0
NYer_in_MI

Can't wait!

Daniel Mosher
Resident Cartoonist

www.allaircooled.com
www.superbeetles.com
Quote 0 0
NYer_in_MI

Naturally, as always seems to be Gunter's lot, something has come up that I will have to repair before I feel at all comfortable with driving him anywhere.

As I was getting into the car after work, Thursday, the front quarter pan gave completely under my foot.  It didn't rot through, it simply detached from the seat rail / heater channel areas, allowing my foot to go through.  I have a full Left-Side pan coming, ordered from Mid-America.  This time, I made double-plus sure that I'll be getting the correct pan for my year of car.  There had, previously, been some confusion as my car is listed as a '73, but 1971 and 72 were the only years in America that the Super had this particular floor pan.  Anyway, soon Gunter will have a new driver's side floor... something he's needed for quite some time, from what I can tell!  Ironically, save for the usual rot in the battery tray, the passenger-side pan is nearly flawless.  Considering the car is thirty-two-some-odd-years-old, the passenger pan is in pristine condition!

I've discovered a lead which occurs when it rains profusely.  The insulated wiring that leads from under the dash to the steering column... the rain comes through that hole.  This accounts for the front Left pan being rotted, while the driver's side is not.  A rust hole had occurred in the driver's Left rear wheel well, which I believe is what resulted in the major corrosion of the rear pan on that side.  Take care of these problems, and I think Gunter will be as water tight as a frog's tuchass!

In the mean time, I am going to miss yet another Volkswagen event!  Sigh.

Daniel Mosher
Resident Cartoonist

www.allaircooled.com
www.superbeetles.com
Quote 0 0
OneOwner

Daniel - sorry about Gunther..I didn't see your post until I got back from Michagan (I live in Indy). I looked for yah all day, oh well maybe you can make Indy on the 24th of September.

Martin, Michagan was EXCELLENT alot of cars, should have some pics up in a few days.

Im glad Gunther's problem isn't terminal :-)

Peace

RAy

Minister of Propaganda
www.cscdra.com
Quote 0 0