bmblbug
I posted this in the Interior Forum and got some prompt responses but I am still stuck.

I have a 72 Super Beetle Convertible with wobbly seats... I ordered new track guides and seat track bushings. I know where the seat track guides go.. but how do I install the bushings? The originals are missing...

Does anyone have an "exploded view" or digital pic of Seat track assembly?

UPDATED:
So I am starting to think these bushings from Mid America Motor Works are not what I need. See PIC: http://content.madirect.com/img300/309135.jpg

The catalog and website shows them for 71-79 Supers.  Are the Seats different in the Super vs the Vert?

Are the plastic tracks all I need to fix the wobble?

Quote 0 0
Wayne

I was puzzled when I got these for my Super as well. The seat on your Beetle has three mounting points, one slides into a guide in the center front, and the two back ones go into those guides on the floor, which are the tracks.

The two that slide into the tracks on the floor are supposed to have an upper and lower piece of metal that sort of takes-up-the-slack between them and the tracks. If and of these are missing (there are 8 of them, two on each point) you'll get a wobble. Note, these are no longer available and are replaced by these one-piece spacers. You just slide these on, making sure that the old ones are not on there and your wobble will be history.

Quote 0 0
bmblbug
Thanks Wayne... I'll have another look tomorrow. Still not sure I am 100% clear, but thanks for pointing me in the right direction..
Quote 0 0