Wayne
Does anyone have any unique VW items? I thought I'd post a picture of a VW Speedo watch that I have. It's a reproduction of a 1971 VW Beetle speedometer.

Wayne Dean
SuperBeetles.com
AllAirCooled.com
Quote 0 0
dods1600

Wayne that is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Where did you get that?

1600cc biggest most powerful engine for a stock beetle. Power house!:) Smokes the tires in first in the rain
Quote 0 0
Wayne

I got it from West Coast Classic Restoration http://www.classicvws.com It was about $70.00.

Quote 0 0
NYer_in_MI
Okay, here we go.  I don't know how "unusual" these things are, but here's what I got.  It's taken me some time, but the other half is finally allowing me to do the VW paraphernalia thing.

1.  A planter that I found at "T.J. Max" for $5.00.  It was glazed in a horrible, slap-dash manner in blue, with black tires, head lights and bumpers.  The rear bumper had a chip in it as well... hence another reason that it was only five bucks.  Finally, I sanded and sprayed it in a bronze-gold metallic color.  Goes much better in my home.

2.  Red New Beetle radio, a gift from my mom, this past birthday.

3.  A blue toy car that I've had for ever... since I was a kid, anyway.  Very well-detailed post '73 Super Beetle Cabriolet.  Everything on this car is recognizable, though I apologize that the pics are fuzzy:  windshield wipers; movable sun visors, seat backs that tilt forward, rear view mirror, shifter, pedals, emergency break (molded); four-spoke steering wheel; 'elephant's feet' rear lights etc.  Even has full details on bottom of pans, exhaust, heat boxes, tranny, wish bone tunnel, etc etc.  Full compliment of trim on exterior, including chrome-colored door handles, hood trim / handle, head light bezels, and running boards.  "Volkswagen" script is even molded onto rear deck lid.  Missing front bumper and passenger door inner panel is all.  Very excellent little toy.  Even says "VW" on correctly-detailed hub caps / wheels.  1/25th scale.

4.  One of Gunter's original hub caps, recently replaced with new ones.  Was rusted beyond the want to use it.  Sanded and painted with five or six coats of red-orange engine paint, trimmed in bronze on VW circle logo.

5.  Tin "VW Bug" sign.

Just a few things, guys. 
Daniel Mosher
Resident Cartoonist

www.allaircooled.com
www.superbeetles.com
Quote 0 0
NYer_in_MI

Lest I forget this item, not unusual but almost requisite in some VW circles... my "Herbie" shirt.

Daniel Mosher
Resident Cartoonist

www.allaircooled.com
www.superbeetles.com
Quote 0 0
Wayne

We'll add any VW items that you have to the Novelties & Toys page located in the Images section of the site. Just send us the pictures and a description!

Quote 0 0

Just found shop online with really funny and exclusive T-shirts about VWs and 356s ! http://www.nostalgiaclothing.com

Quote 0 0
BlueBeetle
Wayne I can't find that watch anywhere on that site. Was it a limited run product? If not do you maybe have a direct link to it? That's such a cool watch!!
1974 Standard Blueberry Beetle
Quote 0 0
Vee71Dub

My collection started getting out of control so when I finally quit, some things are:

~45 VW hot wheels (some from the 70's)

clear glass cookie jar I found in Italy

wind up musical convertible with a bear driving that spins

spinning lamp, makes images of bugs drive around the room

old book of collective writings about bugs

I'll try to attach some pics this weekend

Quote 0 0
NoH2O
Bump from way back!
Couldn't find another thread that had VW novelties and items so I'll post here.
Picked up this VW pin this weekend from a huge fleamarket they have locally twice a year. There  were actually 2 booths side by side. The first booth  had a 1938 VW worker's pin and the one I picked up. He wanted $100 for the pair. The second booth just had the smaller pin. Got it for $15 from that guy. He didn't know anything about it. I had a VW shirt on so he said "I'll let it go for $25". I started to walk away and he said make an offer. Soooo, $15 took it home. Anybody know how to tell an original? They made knockoffs later but I can't tell one way or another. The pins the other guy had didn't look as detailed or something. Like the letters were barely pressed into the mold.  I thought maybe they were repops. Anyway, I thought it was a nice addition to my pile of goodies.
'63 Ragtop
'56 Ragtop
'78 Riviera camper

"..at least I'm enjoyin' the ride"
Quote 0 0
68autobug

well it looks real enough for Me...

and I just love those tee shirts...

"Drive the Legend..."

"No Stress...."

Lee

68AutoBug - helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia & around the World -

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
-
Quote 0 0