staticattic

Ever got behind someone on an interstate that has their right turn signal flashing for like 20 miles? Today I was the person with the annoying turn signal. Usually when I make turns, I always have remembered to return my turn signal switch to an off position, but I guess today I was day dreaming and neglected to do it. My first bug, a 1973 standard, did not sport a turn signal auto shut off feature, nor does my 72 super that I currently drive. Did VW ever incorporate an auto shut off for turn signals?

Jeff
72 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0
beetledon

I also drive a '72 super. Has a turn signal auto shut off feature that works sometimes. My first beetle was a '50 convertible I bought in Deutschland while stationed there with the US Army in '58. Had no shut off feature for the semaphores. Us GI's called them mox nix sticks (machts nichts). Had it shipped to the land of round doorknobs (USA) where later I traded it in on an Oldsmobubble . Dummy me! Anybody want pic's? I can snail mail 'em to ya if you give me an address. I'm not too swift at e-mailing pic's. Aufwiedersehen, beetledon

beetledon
72 blue super
Quote 0 0
Jerky_san

I've personally never seen a vw 71,72,73,74s that have auto returns.. my finger is the auto return... but yeah dunno maybe you could rig something..

Quote 0 0
staticattic

I am not really worried about it, I was just wondering. Since I don't have a radio to keep me entertained, my mind often wanders off while driving. 32 miles is a long ways to go with nothing to do or look at. Anyway, I was just curious if that was a feature added to VW's or if VW just figured people that were smart enough to drive their cars were also smart enough to remember to turn off the turn signals.

Jeff
72 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0
Jerky_san

I have a radio but mine keep frying.. I really don't know why either.. I also wanted to get one of those radios that has a dvd screen in it.. lol i dunno why but i found one for 200 and I was like thats pretty nifty.. But they require a E brake sensor so you can't drive with it on.. Personally I think its BS but yeah trying to find a radio that won't fry when i'm driving a long..

Quote 0 0
YELLRHD
I know my 75 has auto cancel (basicaly a nub on the wheel that hits the switch when you turn it) My after market (scat) wheel came with two pins that did the same thing.

I haven't checked my 73 but it has the same wheel as the 75 came with

Quote 0 0