ffemt300
Anyone know what the part number is for the little tiny map light bulb on the Super dash? Mine burnt out and the number got rubbed off or something. Or does someone know where to get the little bugger?
Thanks & Gig 'Em
Brad

74 Super Beetle
"Oxford Blue" by Krylon
Quote 0 0
Wayne

If it's the one in the centre towards the bottom of the dash it's to light up your heater controls. Did you take the bulb out yet? I found that the one in the rear defroster switch  a match for Honda bulb #35505-SA5-003.

Quote 0 0
flash
Wayne wrote:

If it's the one in the centre towards the bottom of the dash it's to light up your heater controls. Did you take the bulb out yet? I found that the one in the rear defroster switch  a match for Honda bulb #35505-SA5-003.

I just got my original owner's manual out of the glovebox where it's been for the past 36 years.  The little light you refer to isn't a map reading light.  It says in the manual..."Spot light to illuminate the heater levers between the front seats."  I change my original bulb last year.  The whole unit just pulls out.  It is VW part #N177512.

Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
olspeed
I think those little lights are cool. Got an extra one mounted in the glove box of my Bug. the little lens can swivel around so it makes a good tiny map light.
Olspeed
66 Ghia, "Dexter" 76 flat window Beetle
It's not a Car it's a VolksWagon!
Quote 0 0
ffemt300
Thanks for the info. I think its a cool little light too. that's why I wanted to get it working. Thanks again for the help!
Thanks & Gig 'Em
Brad

74 Super Beetle
"Oxford Blue" by Krylon
Quote 0 0