ELON1974
Here are some pictures of Lloyd the 1974 Super Beetle before any work has been done.

This will just be my space to keep posting photos as I bring this Beetle into the world of semi-custom

The exhaust tips you see are some regular replacements, not stock. The muffler is, no doubt, fused to the rest of the exhaust system via rust. Any recommendations as to products to use to get my buddy's muffler off? PB Buster? I dunno.

Hopefully this kitchen job I've taken JUST to pay for parts for this car will pay off and I'll be able to share more pictures with you soon.

Here are some things on the way:
Single "Zoom Tube" exhaust from MAMW
Cool-Air kit
Whitewall tires
New hood and door handles
New rubber impact strips (mine are warped(?))
New trim, some portions are really pinged

1974 SB - Lloyd
Quote 0 0
flash

just a suggestion....you may want to make the photos smaller so those with out DSL can load them faster.

Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
ELON1974
Ok, guys. Parts are on their way!

I'm going to stick with the dual exhaust, but replace them with some tapered tips that look a little more ... how do i say ... LESS rusted out.

Of course, new air filter, spark plugs, spark p wires

body molding kit too, and a lid stand off kit

There will be pictures when the parts come in.

"Light restoration" is the name of the game now.
1974 SB - Lloyd
Quote 0 0
ELON1974
Just wrapped up the FIRST day of restoration. New exhaust tips, oil change, spark plugs, spark p wiring, deck lid stand offs too. Pictures of my guy to come. He's sounding and looking very spick and span. Cleaned him up a little on the inside, too.

I need a "breather" for my oil filler. I don't really know where to get one. Thoughts?
1974 SB - Lloyd
Quote 0 0
VSB74

I got mine at Advance Auto. I think Auto Zone has them too and they come in different colors to suit your taste. I think I paid about $6.00 for mine. Hope this helps.

Rog
Quote 0 0
ELON1974
Just so we are clear, I'm replacing my air filter and, because it is stock, there is a hose running from the filter to the oil filler unit. This new air filter has no place for this hose. I need something to breath the oil filler unit. Just wanted to make sure, I'm actually having a bit of trouble finding this part.
1974 SB - Lloyd
Quote 0 0
Sleepwalker

The one that VSB is talking about will work for you(Picture Below). I got one as well for mine. Though the engine has been worked over the thought is the same. $8.99 at Auto Zone

"He who knows enough to learn, knows enough"
Quote 0 0
ELON1974
Ok, thanks guys.
1974 SB - Lloyd
Quote 0 0
ELON1974
Alright, he's all hooked up with his new air filter and breather. Next is floor pans. Fred Flinstone would be jealous of the vehicle I'm driving.
1974 SB - Lloyd
Quote 0 0
68autobug
Hi

Yes, I agree with flash, if you can make the photos below 100kb they will load up faster and won't be too large...

Can You give us a pic of your engine?

Your Super looks great...

don't forget to wax it to keep rust away...

I love those big bumpers and the rubber strips...

the rubber strips weren't on Our beetles bumpers
just a piece of black tape...

and the rubber strips are very expensive over here..

Is that you in the photo??

cheers

LEE

68AutoBug - helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia & around the World -

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
-
Quote 0 0
ELON1974
here are some smaller pictures
1974 SB - Lloyd
Quote 0 0
ELON1974
Some more of the same. Lee, THIS is me in the picture. That lovely lady is my girlfriend, Rebecca.
1974 SB - Lloyd
Quote 0 0