Wayne
I've been following the restoration of Ryan Price's 1971 Super Beetle in VW Trends. The technical articles have been called "Super Project '71" and there have been 16 parts so far. They are going to feature this sweet 1302 in the January 2005 issue and it is unbelievable.

This Beetle looks like it just rolled out of the showroom. I managed to sneak a picture of the finished product so you can all get a look at it before anyone else does.

Arguably the 1971 1302 is the most sought after Super Beetle. It's got the small taillights, flat dash and windshield but with the strut suspension and room under the front trunk. Not to mention that it's the first year for the Super Beetle.

Wayne Dean
SuperBeetles.com
AllAirCooled.com
Quote 0 0
Ron
Great looking beetle Wayne! I have been following this series too and have gotten quite a bit of good info from it. I must agree that the 71 super is the best super! But then again I am slightly biased here. Mine is a 71 also! A really through resto job done on this one! I wonder if they will ever sell it! I'll post some pics of mine as soon as I get my digital camera.

Ron
Quote 0 0
nak45z
The article was a inspirited me to redone my 71 super beetle. My project was almost done, when i saw the body taken off the pan.. so i took of every piece off my bug too. I am getting my bug from the shop this week. i am ordering new wiring and alternator.. i will post a pic of the before...
Quote 0 0
nak45z

how much must of been spent to redo the whole project.

Quote 0 0
Wayne
Here's the price breakdown of Super Project '71

Paint and body: $3100
Engine/trans: $1800
Interior (est.): $900
Brakes/suspension: $700
Powdercoating: $400
Tires: $250
Electrical: $600
Doors/Windows: $300
Steering wheel/brake pedals: $200
Trim, mirrors, chrome, bumpers, all the misc details: $500 (est)
Quote 0 0
nak45z

Wayne who did the electrical of the this 71...

Quote 0 0