screamline

Hey everyone!

I recently found out that the reason my horn goes off while turning or using the brights is that two of the screws that hold the turn signal/brights lever in the column are stripped allowing the whole assembly to move forward. I was thinking of using heli coils to replace the worn out threads.

Any thoughts on this? I don't want to have to replace the entire column.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve
Quote 0 0
veedo
I am not sure there is heli-coils that small---if there is they should work.  Remember that is a small area to work in and may be difficult to get them in.  I have used the 2 part epoxy that you can drill and tap.  Make some up and put it in the stripped out holes.  After it has dried, drill and tap it to the size thread you need.  It works great and holds very well.  Good luck.
Air cooled before water cooled. They both need more to go fast. Let them breathe and breed the more the better. 55 oval, 58 ragtop,
57 vert, 67 vert, 75 german look monster.
Quote 0 0
screamline

Oh, wow - why didn't I think of that. I have used that stuff for other stuff and it worked fantastic. It comes in a tube (like a roll of clay almost), you pinch some off and blend it.

I'll try that. Anyone know the thread size of those screws off the tops of their head (doubt it). I'll take a thread gauge to it and check.

Steve
Quote 0 0