HOGGERDINGER

HELLO THERE,

i AM NEW TO THE BB.  I HAVE A 72 SUPERBEETLE.  I AM LOOKING TO PUT NEW CHROME RIMS AND NEW TIRES ON IT.  MY QUESTION IS WHAT IS THE WIDEST AND TALLEST TIRES THAT WILL FIT WITHOUT MODIFYING THE CAR AT ALL.  I AM LOOKING TO PUT SOME WIDE TIRES WITH CHROME RIMS ON THE CAR.  IT HAS 5 HOLE 15 INCH TIRES ON IT NOW.

THANKS

THANKS
Quote 0 0
Wayne

If you are not lowering the car you can usually go one size larger than stock without any clearance problems. Be careful on going with a wider rim. You want to make sure that the offset is correct so that the rims don't stick out any further than the stock ones do. If they do you could have a problem with rubbing on the fenders.

Quote 0 0
I have 15" 205/60 all around on my SB 79 without a hitch. 
Quote 0 0
HOGGERDINGER

thanks guys!!!!

THANKS
Quote 0 0
HOGGERDINGER

OK,

One more question.....I purchased a set of rims from midamerica morotowrks.  The rims are 5.5" wide.  Will I be able to mount a 205-60-15 on the rims?

The rims are size 15. 

THANKS
Quote 0 0
aircooled299
I don't know if my modifying you mean no cutting/welding or everything has to remain totally stock. If you mean no cutting/welding check out topline parts. They have some very good strut options that give you more room for tire/rim clearance and improve handling.
-Patrick

Quote 0 0
HOGGERDINGER

Thanks aircooled. 

I mean no modification at all.  I want to know if a 2057015 will fit on a 5.5"wide 15 rim.

THANKS
Quote 0 0