Wayne
The Tire Rack recommends 205/45-16 for 1973 Volkswagen Beetle but has no listing for wheels. You could try asking this question in the forum at GermanLook.com
Wayne Dean
SuperBeetles.com
AllAirCooled.com
Quote 0 0
Hi all, great forum first off, secondly I am looking to hear from everyone and what is the biggest rim and tire package on thier cars. I currently have 195-45-15's on my lowered 73 super but i would like to go a lil wider and a lil taller if i can. i will roll the fenders to allow for clearance but i am curious as to what my limitations may be....?
Quote 0 0
Envious
I'm running 145's on the front and 215/65' on the rear with Porsche 2L fuchs (5" offset)
71 Custom Beetle
64 Convertible Beetle
63 Beetle Sedan Gulf Blue
64 1500s Squareback Nutria
52 BSA C11G
65 Lambretta Li125
04 Touareg
Quote 0 0
Tobra
The front will be much more limited, you can get narrow struts to allow more clearance, but I think on the earlier bugs there is a bolt on the ball jont that becomes a problem. I have never been able to find anything about wheels and tires for old bugs and porsches on the big tire sites
'79 Super Beetle Convertible, Topline Sport+ springs and disc brake conversion. SS brake lines, KYB GR-2struts and Gas-a-just shocks
Quote 0 0