beetlemusic
   hello all and good day, I am looking for some of the hard to find parts for my 71 super. I am trying to gather some of these getting ready to start hopefully a full restoration. the part I am currently looking for is the rear window defrost vent covers I have seen in catalogs the six oval vents but my car has a rectangular vent on either side of the rear window I have spoken with another forum member about these and seems that he has the same problem maybe By asking the group as a whole I can find these either as new or good used ones thanks for any help.

Joe
'71 super now collecting parts for restoration
Quote 0 0
flash
I just bought a set on ebay still in the West Coast Metric blister wrap.  They're the white plastic ones...3 for each side.  When the upholstery guy put in my headliner about 6 years ago  just covered the vents.  I have just recently discovered that he did that.   The headliner is the stock white VW one.  I'm hoping it's not to late to put these in without messing up the head liner.  The guy is still in business I may pay him a visit and see if he can do it for me.  I won't do it if it means removing the windows.

Loren
Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
Bullyboy

Just a couple slices in the right spots and pop those babies in. No muss or fuss

Mark, Dorinda, and Wilbur
Quote 0 0
flash
Yes, maybe a few slices to do it....If the old ones aren't still underneath.

Loren
Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0