Tobra
Do I need to have both rear wheels off the ground to adjust the brakes? It is just so much easier to do one side at a time.
'79 Super Beetle Convertible, Topline Sport+ springs and disc brake conversion. SS brake lines, KYB GR-2struts and Gas-a-just shocks
Quote 0 0
Precise1
Hey Tobra. I don't think I have ever lifted both wheels to adjust the brakes, only 1 at a time. I don't think it matters, but if it is not the technically correct way, it never made any difference that I could tell. I once had a mechanic 'test drive' (read joy ride) my '65 baja convert after doing a dual carb sync (for free). When he came back, he asked me who worked on the brakes. I hesitantly told him it was me. 'Oh, good job, those are the best brakes I've felt on a VW.'. Not bragging, just pointing out a mechanic who owns his own shop thought the brakes were fine also.

Bernard
Measure twice; Cut once....
Quote 0 0
Ryan
Having one wheel on the ground affects the 'feel'. You want to be able to just feel the drag of the brakes, but you already have to deal with the diff spinning the opposite wheel. Now if you leave one wheel on the ground and put it in neutral your fighting the gears and tranny fluid which can actually feel heavier than just spinning the other wheel. --Ryan
Quote 0 0
Tobra
That is sort of what I thought
'79 Super Beetle Convertible, Topline Sport+ springs and disc brake conversion. SS brake lines, KYB GR-2struts and Gas-a-just shocks
Quote 0 0