bmblbug
I replaced the top pivot bracket and screw to try to bring the windows back to working order...

It seems as though the screw (going through the window frame) is not long enough.

When I open the window the tip of the screw pops out of the pivot... Am I missing a secret adjustment?

Quote 0 0
dods1600

I don't believe that it came with a bolt out of the factory, because when my car was broken into I had to replace the quarter window and I first had to remove a rivet so I just put another into its place.

I recon just get a solid rivet for it, it looks the part and it hasn't come out yet.

1600cc biggest most powerful engine for a stock beetle. Power house!:) Smokes the tires in first in the rain
Quote 0 0
Biggone

As dods said, it came with a rivet.  The window becomes loose over time because of wear.  Your not missing a "secret" adjustment.  Go to Ace Hardware or similiar store and buy a screw head bolt and nut that will fit in the pivot hole (it won't be big!)  Put the screw head bolt down the top and nut on the bottom and tighten to your desired strength.  This will allow the windows to open and keep them open going down the highway at 70 (if you can cruise that fast).  If they become loose over time then you can just retighten the screw.  I would also try to find a locking nut if they have them.  Good luck.

Quote 0 0
bmblbug
Hmm, maybe I am not calling the different peices by the right name... sorry, I am a newbie to these cars

I ordered and rec'd this:
http://www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C16%2D151%2D628A

Is this not what I needed?

Quote 0 0
bluebug

You are looking at the rear quarter popout windows and not the door vent windows, right? Those parts are for the door vent windows.

Clark

Clark Verbockel
Quote 0 0
bmblbug
See I knew I wasn't calling things by the right name...

I am having the issue with the Vent windows on the doors...

Thanks for the help straightening me out...
Quote 0 0
bluebug

As dods wrote, it came factory with a steel rivet.

You said you replaced the top bracket. Are you talking about the one on the glass frame, the one on the surrounding frame, or both? These are also riveted to the frames. Pivot rivets are available from cip1, part number C16-111-648.

There is a tension clamp on the bottom end of the window, behind the interior door panel.

Clark

Clark Verbockel
Quote 0 0
73superman

The parts you have listed there are for a convertible. In case you didn't notice that...

1973 Superbeetle (California Edition)
Personally-built 1600cc Aluminum DP
Pertronix Ignitor EI and Flamethrower Coil
Taylor Hi-Perf plug wires
Billet oil filler
Urethane suspension bushings
Stainless Braided brake lines
Color-matched brake drums
Quote 0 0