brianwheelies
the best proof reading technique, other than having someone else read it, is the read out loud method. suprised i remember that from school.

and good article too.
Quote 0 0
javajuice
First a big thank you is in order for Ryan's time and energy for writing his article on exhasut systems.

I thought it was very helpful to discuss the difference in header v extractor, ceramic v jet coating, tube diameter in relation to engine displacement, the helpful hint on using copper gaskets, installation tips etc.; it was good that he didn't get too techy. Excellent article to begin the perfomance section as Ryan discusses in the article, "why".

This article should be a must read for anyone about to install or are shopping for an exhaust system for their beetle.

The only thing he may want to add is, if he already has a list of resources, links, etc., that he thinks may be helpful to people for additional reading or more in depth etc, or his exhaust system, etc. you could add that; but the article is great as is!
formerly 1973 Super Beetle: Bugpack quick shift, Bug pack hide a way, TMI light grey tweed seat upholstery, a decreasing amount of grey primer ;)
Quote 0 0
Ryan
Thanks, that was a first for me. I tried to cover the most common issues the average joe would face, but stil touch on some of the more in depth stuff. Anyone wanting even more info, feel free to ask and I'll do my best. In trying to keep it 'readable', things inevitably fall through the cracks.
So far as the format goes, what did you all think? --Ryan
Quote 0 0
javajuice
I forgot to mention the great photographs.

In terms of format: it is kind of a narrative structure, but in an order that if one were needing a "how to" it works well for that too. Kind of like the Muir's book.
formerly 1973 Super Beetle: Bugpack quick shift, Bug pack hide a way, TMI light grey tweed seat upholstery, a decreasing amount of grey primer ;)
Quote 0 0
Precise1
My 2 cents are that Ryan did a Darn good job on the exhaust article. It is fairly comprehensive (no slight as it is impossible to say everything). It is, actually, more that I need to know, but then I am not hotrodding my bug, but then information is golden. Keep it up Ryan, there are a lot of people who appreciate/benefit from your efforts !

Bernard
Measure twice; Cut once....
Quote 0 0
Ryan
Man, I've got to stop looking at that thing. I've already found one redundancy and one word missing alltogether, and that was w/in the first 1/4 of the article. Doesn't matter how many times you proof something, you always seem to find the errors after it's too late. --Ryan
Quote 0 0
Precise1
Yup, you wrote that article, so you must know the information, so QUIT reading that darn thing, and start working on the next one. If the information is accurate, informative, and comprehensive, I'm sure that we can forgive you for, say, 2 spelling errors, 3 typo's, 1 redundancy, and 1.5 grammatical errors per page What do you say all, is it a deal ? You obviously know what you are saying, so pay attention to that. If you are worrying about being 'published' (which could happen) your word document can easily be ammended. I personally type like a chimp on crack if I follow my thoughts and not the keyboard... Practice will hone ! Keep it up and thanks.

Bernard
Quote 0 0
Ryan
Knowing it is the problem, makes proofing harder. Doesn't matter what's in front of your face, what's in your head always overides it and makes it sound right. I'm just AR about some things. --Ryan
Quote 0 0
Precise1
Yup, I hear ya... But AR about SOME things ? LMAO... Oh, owww, sorry, oof, no, ouch... Quit hitting me !!!

Bernard
Quote 0 0
sup73bk
Not to jump the gun, but any ideas about what the next article is going to be on? I really liked your first one, pics, hardware and instructions!
1972 1302S
dual 34 icts,Pertronix Points,Corbeau Seats, GT Exhaust, Lower front and rear sway-bars, Strut tower bar, Jacob's Elec. Ign., Empi Shifter, Front Disc Brakes & SS Brake Lines

1973 Squareback (1776cc, dual 40mm)
Quote 0 0
Ryan
Carbs. That's all I'm gonna leach, but I'm sure you can imagine. Wayne and I decided to go bi-monthly with these. So unless something changes, beginning of July. Don't worry though, I'll make it worth the wait. That ought to wet the pallet a little. --Ryan
Quote 0 0