NoH2O
Can I put rear pop-outs on my 74 Super? I've seen ads for pop-outs saying "not for Supers". I was under the impression that a bug was a bug from the windshield back. I know the obvious differences but what could be different about where the pop-outs go? Is it possible there are pop-outs for Supers only? Seems odd, just wondering.

Thanks.

steve
'63 Ragtop
'56 Ragtop
'78 Riviera camper

"..at least I'm enjoyin' the ride"
Quote 0 0
veedo
You can put pop-outs in a super.  i put pop-outs in a 74 super that I restored.  The pop-outs came out of a 66 beetle.  They bolted right in.  Bill
Air cooled before water cooled. They both need more to go fast. Let them breathe and breed the more the better. 55 oval, 58 ragtop,
57 vert, 67 vert, 75 german look monster.
Quote 0 0
aircooled299
I don't know exactly what the cut off year is, but there are early and late pop-outs. I think 64 and earlier are smaller. On the plus side, the late ones are a LOT cheaper than the early.
-Patrick

Quote 0 0
NoH2O
Thanks guys, Now to find some pop-outs.....
'63 Ragtop
'56 Ragtop
'78 Riviera camper

Quote 0 0
71SuperBee

i have two pop outs.they will fit...

71 Super Beetle AKA:"THE BUG!!"
Quote 0 0
NoH2O
PM me bro.
'63 Ragtop
'56 Ragtop
'78 Riviera camper

Quote 0 0
68autobug

Hi,

Yes - Popout side windows from 1966> on are the same in German built Beetles. From 1968> in Australian assembled Beetles...

Only the rear window in Supers was enlarged... the side windows etc stayed the same....

Are there many used pop outs for sale in the US & Canada???

as they were never offered as an option in Australia...

So, they are still VERY Rare over [down] here.....

with Our Summer Temperatures going over 100F  40C

each year, I would have thought that they would have been standard...

I did read where they were standard in some countries...'

May have been South Africa.... I'll have to look up My "Volkswagens of the world" book to make sure....

Sun roof Beetles are also VERY rare in Australia....

Lee Noonan  -- 68AutoBug --- Australia --

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug

68AutoBug - helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia & around the World -

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
-
Quote 0 0