Jerky_san

Can some of you post pics of how you ran yours? I got the fronts and when looking at them they appear to short to reach my caliber.. That or I have to leave a piece of rubber line in my brake line which kinda defeats the purpose of me having the stainless steel ones.. they are the braided stainless steel that mid america sells.. Although I should of bought all 4 i've been wanting to see how they effect my braking power and since my fronts are worn figured why not.. So any pictures would be great..

Quote 0 0
fatalifeaten
I"ll get a pic up later on, but are they the same length as the rubber line you're replacing? If not, then you've got a problem... Might not be a bad idea to extend your hard lines in that instance. My braided stainless were a direct replacement for the stock drum location on my '66. If you're running a disc conversion kei your mileage may vary...
Daily Driven Dubz Phoenix AZ Family

'66 Deluxe
'63 Deluxe ragtop
'61 Deluxe
Quote 0 0
Jerky_san

So back to this question.. if i were to have all wheel disc brakes how long would my brake lines need to be if i wanted all steel brake lines to the calibers?

Quote 0 0
Ryan
They need to be quite a bit longer since the inlet on the caliper is futher away from where the inlet on the slave cylinder for the drum was.  The exact length, I'll try to remember to go out and measure mine tomorrow.
Let me be the first to say that going to SS braided teflon lines will not make any noticeable difference in how your brakes feel.  The only real benefit is that they should outlast the stock rubber lines indefinitely, well that and they look nicer.
My front disc brakes came from Topline (see my tech article on this site) and the kit from Topline is 100% complete.  It came with the correct length lines AND and special bracket to hold them in place on the struts since the stock bracket can not be used with SS lines.  Here's the link  http://www.superbeetles.com/performance101/oct.htm

--Ryan

Quote 0 0