Wingrider
Anyone have any tips or tricks for prepping and painting the inside of the vents above the decklid.

Thanks,
Wingrider
Quote 0 0
Chanbob
Patience!!!  For prepping, A friend of mine used to paint cars, when he did a bug the customer wanted a complete color change. I am not sure what the stuff was called. I do know he used a gun when he applied it. It worked like a weak paint stripper. It would scuff the paint but not remove it. From there he just rinsed it out, and primed. Worked very well. I saw the car a few years later and it still looked great. The vent area was the first thing we all went to first just too see how it looked I would check local paint supply places and see if they know what it is.

As for painting it. He used an airbrush. After he painted inside the vent he masked it off. All I know of what I saw was he took strips of tape and worked them between the vents and taped it from the bottom side until it was masked. Looked like a lot of work to just mask it off.

It is best to do it right though. I have seen a few where they have done color changes and you can see in the vents that it wasn't done right and the new color is just peeling off the old.
Quote 0 0