benandcarol

Does anyone know where I could find a one piece fiberglass front end for my '73 Super Beetle?  Has anyone had experience with one of these?

Butch McNay
Quote 0 0
fatalifeaten
you want stock looking replacement, or something more baja-esque?
Daily Driven Dubz Phoenix AZ Family

'66 Deluxe
'63 Deluxe ragtop
'61 Deluxe
Quote 0 0
benandcarol
I would like the original look, with a little wider front fenders. The Baja look is not what I'm after. I'm also looking for a whale tail deck lid if anyone knows where to look.
Thanks, Butch
Butch McNay
Quote 0 0
NoH2O
I've actually got a one piece front end just sitting here. It's got the 2 in. I think wider stance. I'd definitely like to sell it but shipping something like that may pose problems. It wouldn't take much to crack a corner or something off. Where you located?

Steve
'63 Ragtop
'56 Ragtop
'78 Riviera camper

"..at least I'm enjoyin' the ride"
Quote 0 0
benandcarol

I'm in Grand Junction, Colorado.  Where abouts are you?

Butch McNay
Quote 0 0
NoH2O
Kentucky. Just South of Cincinnati Ohio.

Steve
'63 Ragtop
'56 Ragtop
'78 Riviera camper

Quote 0 0
benandcarol
Steve,
How do you put a one piece on a super beetle, since they have the struts and all?  I've heard it can be done, I'm just not sure how or if it's even worth doing. 
Butch
Butch McNay
Quote 0 0
NoH2O
Not sure on that. I got this one with a car I bought awhile ago. It's just been sitting here. It's got a straight type apron. You'd definitely have to do something with the Super apron to make it fit I'd think. I've never messed with the full one piece front ends so I really can't say for sure.  Sorry!

Steve
'63 Ragtop
'56 Ragtop
'78 Riviera camper

Quote 0 0