Precise1
Hey All. The more nit picky stuff I do, the more I post; I can handle the mechanics, its the touchy feely, bug know how things that make me whimper. My Odometer is broken. Previous owner says it made grinding sound for a while then quit (it doesn't make noise now but speedo works). Bently manual briefly describes removal of some of the instrument cluster, but has no index and nothing about odometer. Has anyone dealt with this ? Can anyone turn me to a manual that outlines this problem/procedure. I can make my own little gear parts etc, but would like to know what I'm doing before I tear my bug apart. Thanks much.

Bernard
Measure twice; Cut once....
Quote 0 0
Precise1
Thanks Wayne, thats exactly what I needed, and thanks to Jeff for such a well illustrated, detailed article.

Bernard
Measure twice; Cut once....
Quote 0 0
Tobra
Apparently there is a little plastic gear in there that breaks, making a godawful nose as it is doing it. MY mechaninc did the rebuild for me with a brass gear, the speedo/odometer is a little off, but it has gone a long time and still works
'79 Super Beetle Convertible, Topline Sport+ springs and disc brake conversion. SS brake lines, KYB GR-2struts and Gas-a-just shocks
Quote 0 0