NJ93TY
Hey guys, new guy to the forum, picked up a 73 super beetle.  Red, good shape, unfortunately I do not have a pic yet.  Anyway its a 1600 and has a slight problem.  It stumbles upon acceleration.  It was sitting for a while before I bought it so I put fresh gas in it, had the carb rebuilt and threw some new plug wires on it.(one was bad) Set timing and points and it still runs the same.  Free rev's fine in neutral but under a load it stumbles.  I searched and came up with possibilities of a dirty card or ignition problem.  Considering I replaced wires and had the carb rebuilt I am counting those out.  The dissy is fairly new and the points are good. Hoping someone may have an idea for me, I will be doing some more searching in the meantime. TIA
Quote 0 0
olspeed
Check your valve settings... also what type of distributor do you have stock or 009? And last are you setting your carb correctly (per the instructions in the official VW Bentley manual)?
Olspeed
66 Ghia, "Dexter" 76 flat window Beetle
It's not a Car it's a VolksWagon!
Quote 0 0
NJ93TY
I don't know what dizzy I have but I did play with the carb adjustment some more and it seems to be running good.  Thanks for the advice.
Quote 0 0