Wayne

Why waste time trying to repair a damaged Front Volkswagen Hood when it is faster and easier to replace it?

Mid America Motorworks has a special on front hoods for 73-79 Super Beetles (#361-060) for SuperBeetles.com forum members. These hoods normally go for $299.99 but they are willing to let them go for $249.99 plus shipping. I have been assured that they are of the highest quality with a 500 hour salt bath test against rust.

Contact Eric Roley at Mid America to order: eric.roley@mamotorworks.com
Wayne Dean
SuperBeetles.com
AllAirCooled.com
Quote 0 0
jmlloar
It's not the metal that survives the salt test. its the paint. These replacement parts are way flimsier than the stock stuff. And lets face it the bug hoods are dented easy enough already.

IMO if your going aftermarket anyway get a Glass hood. Stronger and it will never rust. also insulates noise and heat better.
Quote 0 0
Wayne
When I replaced the hood on my Super Beetle I got a brand new one from a Volkswagen dealer here in Canada.

It was about $600.00
Quote 0 0
jmlloar
try these

http://www.markvfiberglass.com/catalog/hoods/hoods.html
Quote 0 0
flash
Wayne wrote:

Why waste time trying to repair a damaged Front Volkswagen Hood when it is faster and easier to replace it?

Mid America Motorworks has a special on front hoods for 73-79 Super Beetles (#361-060) for SuperBeetles.com forum members. These hoods normally go for $299.99 but they are willing to let them go for $249.99 plus shipping. I have been assured that they are of the highest quality with a 500 hour salt bath test against rust.

Contact Eric Roley at Mid America to order: eric.roley@mamotorworks.com

Be advised that I just had some body work done and they ordered a new 73 Super hood $300 from Amercan Motorwoks and it was not right.  It was missing the flat area just below the where the handle fits.  It was a 73 Super hood but the original design was changed.
Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
ljohn
To bad I have a great hood off of my 73 Super but thinking shipping would be a killer.............LJohn

LJohn
Quote 0 0