bobmack
Anyone on here ever installed the rear footwell cables that run to the flaps under the back seat? I have a 74 SB and have recieved the cables but could use advice on the installation! Also, after leaving the tunnel do they go through a tube before connecting to the flaps?

Thanks in advance
Robert Mc anally
Quote 0 0
flash
Check this website out.

http://www.vw-resource.com/htrcbl.html

Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
bobmack
Thank you Loren, the site really is great for what it's set up to be.I couldn't find any thing about what the cables run through after leaving the tubes in the tunnel but I'll keep researching until I do!

Have an elephant size day! 
Robert Mc anally
Quote 0 0
olspeed
(Anyone on here ever installed the rear footwell cables that run to the flaps under the back seat? I have a 74 SB and have recieved the cables but could use advice on the installation! Also, after leaving the tunnel do they go through a tube before connecting to the flaps?)

Well bobmack  you might check out a Robert Bentley manual as it has a section on changing out the rear footwell flap cables in section 20 (Body and Frame) subsection 8.1 page 20. they show the tube that is welded to the floor pan in this picture (although not that well) The tube that you are talking about is connected to the floor pan and just slips over the ends that come out of the tunnel( I'm welding mine back on after replacing the floor pans,76 Bug). Hope this helps
Olspeed
66 Ghia, "Dexter" 76 flat window Beetle
It's not a Car it's a VolksWagon!
Quote 0 0
bobmack
Thanks Olspeed, I have that manual---don't know how I missed it. I've taken care of the heaters in back. I bought a 20 inch steel brake line for the tube.cut it to length, used the flared end at the tunnel, mig welded it to the battery holder, made the cable connectors and it works fine!! Got to fix the front now!
Again, thank you, Bobmack   
Robert Mc anally
Quote 0 0