NoH2O Show full post »
NoH2O
Earl Shibe. Haven't heard that name in years. Yeah, definitely want to hit the bottom of those pans with something. I'm gonna hit the interior of the driver's side with somethng before I put the interior in. It's not rusty in the sense of the word rusty. It sat outside for about a week and as you can see some water made it into the lowest point. It's just powdery surface rust. I haven't done anything to the bottoms though. I'd definitely hit the undercarriage with something.
As far as cheapo paint jobs go, you can get a Macco Ambassador Special for cheap. Under a grand for sure. You do get what you pay for though. You could just primer it to help ward off any rust for the time being and roll it like that. That's how my '63 is and I love it. No sweating over someone touching my car. If it gets a mark on it I can hit it with the touch up gun.

Steve
'63 Ragtop
'56 Ragtop
'78 Riviera camper

"..at least I'm enjoyin' the ride"
Quote 0 0
NYer_in_MI
Cool!  At the least, I figured I could sand and prime the spots on it myself... possibly "rattle can" spot paint same.  White is, fortunately, the easiest color to match in surface touch-ups.
Daniel Mosher
Resident Cartoonist

www.allaircooled.com
www.superbeetles.com
Quote 0 0
MLTigger

Earl Sheib "I'll paint any car for $99.95" That includes the wheels, muffler and windows at no extra charge LOL

Quote 0 0
NYer_in_MI
LOL.  Yeah, that was about it with the Earl Shibe paint jobs.

Daniel Mosher
Resident Cartoonist

www.allaircooled.com
www.superbeetles.com
Quote 0 0