NYer_in_MI Show full post »
flash

Here's an idea for a VW cartoon. I just saw it yesterday for real!  I had "The Blues" in the annual "Chirco Bugtoberfest" (pictures to follow) and I saw a father carrying his little daughter on his shoulders.  He said to her, "No you can't play "Slug-bug" here."

Loren

Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
NYer_in_MI

Loren,

LMFHO!  OMG!  That is so hilarious!  I like it!  I guarantee I will use that very soon! 

Daniel

Daniel Mosher
Resident Cartoonist

www.allaircooled.com
www.superbeetles.com
Quote 0 0
Kawahondaharly

I was driving down interstate 10 going to vist my friend in tallahasee in my faded, pealing paint,  green 72 beetle, easing along at about 60..wich means i was being passed by everything but myself.. when this new beetle came by me... flying low and humming.. then the older lady driving realized she was passing an older bug and slowed down and smiled, waved and gave me a thumbs up before putting her foot back down to the floor. .. made me feel a little better about the new breed, thats for sure.  I do wish they had done a rear engine though.. just isn't the same. They are nice , but i'd never trade my Bettie for one, rough as she is.......have to much fun in her.

Quote 0 0
ryen74

First I'd like to say that, Flash, that was absolutely the funniest thing I have read in a while. It was awesome. Being from AZ I too know the game as Slug Bug with colors for no hit backs. I don't think it applies to the new beetles because they are not bugs. Classics are bugs and the new generation are beetles. I refuse to connect the two. Maybe if the new ones were rear engine, I could think of it but absolutely no way with front engine. I drove my 74 super to my buddy's house the other day and his neighbor came out to talk to me. He was older and told me he had a bug in the 60's for a few years and loved it, so when the new ones came out he had to have one. I agreed with him. He was older and was living well and wanted a nice ride that tied him with his youth in a way. He is the only person I have met that has had a valid reason to having one. Sorry if I sound cynical but I really do not like the new ones.

Ryen
"Arizona dreamin'"
Quote 0 0
flash

I'd take a new Bug if someone gave it to me. Or I won it in a raffle.  It would have to be bright red or blue like  "The Blues."  If I were in a mind set to buy one....think I would talk myself out of it by realizing I could but 10% of the cost of a new one into cherryin' out the blues.  Make 'er just like new again.  Geeee wiz....now I know what I want for Christmas besides socks.

Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0