My 72 Super Beetle has mis-matched doors and door handles.

The driver's door and door handle is stock for that year.  But the passenger door has a door handle that is shorter and blockier.  It is stamped 31K012.

Obviously, a previous owner put a replacement passenger door and door handle onto the car, but I can't tell from what year.  From photos in Mid America Motorworks catalog it appears to be from years 60-63 or 64-66.

I'd like to replace the door handle seals on that passenger side, but I don't know what year the door handle was manufactured.   Can anybody tell based on that 31K012 number? 

Thanks for your help.

Bert
Quote 0 0
NoH2O
Hey Bertman, thesamba.com has got a page dedicated to VIN numbers, paint numbers, etc. You may want to try there if you haven't already. I believe it's under the technical category. I was in there just yesterday looking up info. on a 59 that I have.Hope this is of some help! Good Luck man!

Steve
'63 Ragtop
'56 Ragtop
'78 Riviera camper

"..at least I'm enjoyin' the ride"
Quote 0 0
Wayne

Here's a reply from CIP1.com:

C16-111-209 - DOOR HANDLE SEALS 4 PC SET - BEETLE 60-66-1/2 WITH SQUARE PUSH KNOB

Our Price: US $4.75

Click here for more info

As long as the push button is square these will fit.

Gary CIP1.com
Quote 0 0
Thanks Gary, but it's not the square button.  It's round.  Does CIP sell a seal kit for that model door handle?

Bert
Quote 0 0
Wayne
From CIP1.com:

You've got the ultra rare 66 1/2 -67 door handle.

Gary.

Gary Massin-Ball - Sales / Customer Service Representative
California Import Parts LTD.- 1-800-313-3811 - http://cip1.com
Your #1 Source for Restoration & Performance Air-Cooled Volkswagen Parts.
Quote 0 0