flash
 I've been enjoying reading the stories etc from members scattered throughout the forum.  Sometimes the technical/mechanical stuff makes my hair hurt, but all in all I'm having a good time with all you "buggers."
I have often thought how neat it would be to have a live chat room area where we could carry on keyboard conversations in live time.  I suggested it to Wayne...he said they had one once but it wasn't getting any use.  So, let Wayne know If you'd participate in such a deal if he sets it up.  I feel like we could get to know each other better using this feature.  What do you think?

Loren
Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
kris
I have also enjoyed the stories. I think the chat rooms a great idea. The only problem being seeings as theres not a TON of people on this forum would be co-ordinating so that there would be at least one person in there to talk to. Maybe by saying I would typically go on there at 6:00 or whatever so you know roughly when there would typically be people on.

kris
Quote 0 0
JM
Hi there, chat rooms are fine but, 6:00 preference would depend upon what time zone you are in. What I like best about this site is that it's International. As it works at the moment, someone submits a post and folk just submit a reply according to when they are on line. Chat rooms may end up being regional i.e. a USA group, a European group, a Southern Emisphere group etc. Perhaps thats why it did'nt work first time round.
As an example, Super Beetles Only has a new look site which has regional groups (within the USA) and an International group. It sections people off and it doesn't work for me.
What say you?
John

73 Super Beetle, 1679cc, Twin Weber 36 idf's, A1 Phoenix exhaust system, Fibre Glass flared arches. This baby turns those heads.
Quote 0 0
Wayne
As Loren said we did had a chat-room at the site but that was a few years ago. We tried to co-ordinate a common time, and had a couple of good chats, but it was hard getting people together considering most of us live in different time zones. Heck, Lee in Australia is one day ahead of all of us all  

I will however contact the supplier of this forum software and see if it is an option. I'll keep you posted. 
Quote 0 0
flash
Often times I can't seem to drift off to lah-lah land so I'll get up amd piddle-dink around on the ol' PC here.  It might be 3:00 AM and who knows who might be on the forum somewhere on the globe.  It would just be nice to be able to zip in the chat room and visit a wee bit. Those who want to could set up pre-arranged times.

Loren
Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
NYer_in_MI
All that I know is, guys, is that this is one valuable resource for those of us who drive and cherish these old cars.  The stories are all interesting and many echo one another in theme and in sentiment.  Books have been compiled of such stories, through out the past forty-plus-years, about "Volkslore".  There is one recently released entitled "Bug Tales".  Still, it's more fun to read them here on this site.  After all, these stories are told "live" if you will, by the persons themselves, and not merely printed in a book.

It's been a real pleasure, and a real help too, to know everybody that I've encountered.  I'm glad to not only again be involved in the annals of "Volkslore" but to belong once more to the VW Community.  I am looking very much forward to joining the " Michigan Vintage Volkswagen Club" so that I may further associate with other "buggers" (Loren's word).

Daniel
Daniel Mosher
Resident Cartoonist

www.allaircooled.com
www.superbeetles.com
Quote 0 0