flash
If all the windows are up and the "Duane Eddy" tape is cranked...then it don't make no never mind.  However, the right rear cap is still irratatingly loose.  I also notice it when I'm polishing that chrome wheel and cap.  Is there a quick fix?

Loren
Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
NYer_in_MI
Loren,
Couldn't tell you, my friend.  Just lost one of my own hub caps, two days ago (was going to replace it anyway as was battered and beaten up).  I understand your annoyance, however.  Now I gotta get the bread together to get hubcaps (also beauty rings, as my beauty rings ain't so beautiful... plus I lost one of those as well).

Daniel
Daniel Mosher
Resident Cartoonist

www.allaircooled.com
www.superbeetles.com
Quote 0 0
Marc
Rotate the cap about, it may be stretched out-of shape and only fit tight in one spot.

Bend the edges of the cap inward slightly (banging with a block of wood should do it).

You want quick? Click the cap on with a scrap of matchbook cover at two of the bumps on the rim and then tear off the excess.
Quote 0 0
flash
Ah-Ha....I will give those suggestions a shot this weekend.  Thanks Marc!
Daniel....sounds like you need to spruce  'er up slowly but surely.  Depending on how much moolah you can rat-hole for the little projects.  Shouldn't be all that hard unless there's a girlfriend and/or wife in the mix.

Loren 

Loren R. Knapp
Quote 0 0
Wayne

I'm glad I read this post. My left rear hub cap has a steady..."kah-ting, kah-ting, kah-ting" and it's driving me crazy. I'm going to do that fix in the spring, thanks Marc!

Quote 0 0
flash
Success! I just gave that annoying cap a counter clockwise turn until I found a snug spot.  It tightened right up and the rattlin' noise is no more!
Thanks guys.

Loren
Loren R. Knapp
Quote 0 0