68autobug
Hi Folks
Well, here in the Southern Hemisphere in Australia...
Weather is still warm but not too hot.... [not over 32C]
So, its great for driving My beetle about..   I just did a trip of 300 kms to See My Mother for a few days...
My Beetle never missed a beat and I actually got up to 125kmh a couple of times...  a lot faster than my usual 80KMH... lol

I am still working on My beetle every few days....
Tidying up the wiring under My bonnet...  Tuning My beetle..
and lubricating everything that moves.... just like the VW service people did in the 50s and 60s...
oil the hinges every few weeks...  the excess oil ends up all over My doors.. lol ... another reason to polish the doors... lol
and oiling every linkage etc that moves on My carburetor...
stops them wearing out... and leaking air...

cheers

from Australia

Lee Noonan

Click image for larger version - Name: ENGINE_PARTS.JPG, Views: 6, Size: 64.96 KB Click image for larger version - Name: 68_autostick_engine.JPG, Views: 8, Size: 64.04 KB Click image for larger version - Name: 68AUTOBUG_FRONT_VIEW.JPG, Views: 7, Size: 84.90 KB Click image for larger version - Name: FRONT_QUARTER_BEETLE.JPG, Views: 6, Size: 42.51 KB Click image for larger version - Name: MUFFLER.JPG, Views: 6, Size: 52.41 KB
- helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia and around the world --
I have been on here since 20th February 2004
Quote 0 0
Wayne

If its autumn in March, when is winter?

Quote 0 0
68autobug
Hi Wayne

its Winter over Here NOW... lol
but nothing Like winter in Toronto...

its 16C degrees  today with an icy wind from snow on the mountains... You wouldn't think that 4C degrees would make much difference...  but 20C was OK without the cold winds..

it is down to 4C overnight and will go to -2 or -3 later..

so, its great weather to drive a Beetle with the heater ON...  lol

Lee in Australia

- helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia and around the world --
I have been on here since 20th February 2004
Quote 0 0