s0cks Show full post »
s0cks
Not a problem. Now let's all just get along. O garbage, I got 10 minutes to get to school. Later.
73 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0
s0cks
Ok. That firing order didn't work. :'( I don't know what to do.
73 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0
Wayne

You might have to break down and take it to a mechanic in your area just to get it running. After that you can work on fine-tuning it.

Quote 0 0
aircooled299
Your timing may be way off, put your engine at TDC and check where your rotor is. It should be ready to fire on #1. Once you get it to that point it should start up and be good enough to get a timing light on it.
-Patrick
Quote 0 0
flash

Trying humming this little tune.....It works every time I have mechanical problem with "The Blues".......Hi Ho...Hi Ho...It's off to the mechanic I go." 

Sounds like we have some top notch mechanics tuned into the forum here, but I for one don't know diddly-squat about fixin' the meat and potato parts.

My best advice is have a good reliable VW mechanic lined up. Guess that's why "The Blues" with over 300,000 miles on the original engine is still hummin' along. (Knock on wood!)

Loren 

Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
71SuperBee

SoCks,

one word " or two"

http://www.bentlypublishers.com

buy one, they are very very informative.......  

Aaron

71 Super Beetle AKA:"THE BUG!!"
Quote 0 0
chrissamuels

I know how you feel, i'm in high school, (sunny bug in spotlight) and it has taken me months to fix problems that have occured. Good Luck.

Quote 0 0
s0cks
Ok. I got the firing order right. I cranked it over today, and it was blowing smoke out of the muffler, not the carb. Now, I don't think it is getting fuel. The tank was empty, and I primed the carb. Still no go. Any suggestions?
73 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0
73superman
I don't remember if you said you rebuilt the carb or not, but you might try that. Is this the car that had diesel in it? Hmm....
1973 Superbeetle (California Edition)
Personally-built 1600cc Aluminum DP
Pertronix Ignitor EI and Flamethrower Coil
Taylor Hi-Perf plug wires
Billet oil filler
Urethane suspension bushings
Stainless Braided brake lines
Color-matched brake drums
Quote 0 0