hey i am wanting to get a bug and fix it up but first i have some ?'s that i know a lot of people know

1. is the super beetle the only model with the 1600cc engine?

2. what other models are there

3. which model is worth the most?

4. is there certain years that are better than others or certain years that they dont sell much parts for?

5. how much should i pay for a bug that runs great with a bad paint job aand the interior isnt that great?

thanks

miles

Quote 0 0
MLTigger

1. is the super beetle the only model with the 1600cc engine?

Nope, the standard beetle also had a 1600 in 1970 on

2. what other models are there

Standard Beetle till 1977 US and was still made in Mexico till a couple years ago

Standard has a front torsion beam suspension 

Supers have struts

1971-1972 Supers have the flat windshield like the standard

73-79 Supers have the curved windshield

3. which model is worth the most?

Depends on the car but the older ones 67 and below are usually worth more but, that is changing because even the Supers are over 30 years old.  Convertibles are almost always worth more

4. is there certain years that are better than others or certain years that they dont sell much parts for?

1967 is a one year only for body parts and some other things

Some of it has to do with what you like some people like the curved windshield some people don't.  Some people like the standard some people like the super.  My first car was a '69 and it is my favorite but current car is a '73 super.  The supers have better suspensions in my opinion for what it's worth.  I prefer the flat windshield so I am looking for a 71-72 Super.

5. how much should i pay for a bug that runs great with a bad paint job aand the interior isnt that great?

The price can vary alot depending on where you are in the US.  Cars in California are cheaper since they have so many of them.  Cars in the Midwest and East coast are rare so they go for a premium.  a $500 car in California would go for $2000 here in Indiana.  I guess what I am saying is shop around and find the best car for the money in your area.  You will see running cars from $400 to$20000

check out TheSamba.com if you haven't done so already.

Quote 0 0