Hi all - I purchased 3 point retractable belts from Wolfsburg West that I intended to install in the rear of my '73 Super.  I have read that this is doable, and located the third point up behind the rear quarter windows.  However I can't for the life of me figure out how to get these in, since the retractor is big and bulky and needs to be at the bottom.  Anyone have any experience doing this?  Am I out of luck and should go with nonretractable?  I don't want to use lap belts since my young kids want to be able to ride in there.  Or is there a trick to putting these in?  Or should I buy belts from a different company?

Quote 0 0
YELLRHD

The retractors sit inline with back seatbasicaly sideways from wht you'd expect. the brakets should have just the one hole to bolt to the original mounting bolt.Sorry I dont have my camera and cannot post a pic for you.

Quote 0 0

You put them in the mount hole by the door right?

Quote 0 0
YELLRHD

Yep

Quote 0 0
Hi,
Here's what I did...
I found the holes behind the back window too but they are not tapped.
So I pulled off the half moon vents and drilled straight through to the inside.
I mounted the upper seatbelt guide there, measured straight down and mounted the retractor on the floor of the parcel shelf by drilling through the wall into the fender well. I snapped the half moon cover back on. The mounting bolts are not noticable and my kids are more safe.
Hope this helps.

Mike
Quote 0 0