vzgirl

help,

I recently bought a 1975 SB Conv. none of the switches work , is there  a way to test fresh air fan, don't want to replace if I don't have to, tried using bugmevideos but they don't go that far into detail

Any help greatly appreciated 

Quote 0 0
ljohn
Thinking your first question is why none of your switch's work..? that may also answer your fan question. Assuming you checked the obvious the fuses..?
Another way and quickest without using meters and all the fancy instruments is to pull the switch there are two wires Yellow/Blk and Red /Blk run power  (+ positive side) straight from your battery the Yellow/Blk are your high speed and Red/Blk are your low speed just connect one at a time to the wire from the positive side of your battery be sure the Brown wire (ground) if you can see it is connected well.

This will tell you if your fan is working but still does not answer the question why all the switch's are not working ...........LJ

LJohn
Quote 0 0
vzgirl
Thank You will try that
Yes I did check the fuses all are good, 
Is there in line relays on the switches or just straight from switches to
fuse box, Hope that makes sense!

Thanks
Quote 0 0
ljohn

Believe straight from the switch.........

LJohn
Quote 0 0
BugMan

Please don't get mad at me for asking this, but have you checked the battery?  I've gotten myself into similar situations, but didn't check the battery untill last.  I felt like an idiot for not checking it sooner.

Quote 0 0
ljohn

Yup I assumed that would be first on the list to check ...But YES very good question sometimes the obvious is over-looked since none of the switch's are working sounds like loss of all power.....LJ

LJohn
Quote 0 0
beetledon

Have you taken the fan apart and oiled it with light sewing machine oil? I bought a fan & fan box from my local VW bug junk yard, tested it by holding the ground wire to the - battery post (there are 2 of them, because of the 2 speed fan & they go to the switch and the switch wire goes to ground) and the hot wire to the + post. It squealed like crazy so I took it all apart and oiled it. Now it works great. I also bought a switch, elbows & defroster ducts & vents from the junkyard also (all for $10). My 72 super fan box is different than yours, I didn't use the flexible pipe that goes from the fan box to the ductwork, I used the right size tin cans (I tried several) from my recycle bin & wrapped electrical tape around it . Gut fahren und gut luft, beetledon

beetledon
72 blue super
Quote 0 0
vzgirl
Hi, yes I tested the battery it works, and emergency switch works , but the others don't .
Thank you
l
Quote 0 0