Toady
There are two small holes on the tin on each side of the pulley on my 73 Super. I think an adapter fits into one that a heat riser type hose fits to and then to the air cleaner. Mid-America advertises this is one of the most missing pieces of tin. Mine missing too. I have no idea what the other hole is for. What's missing here? Should it be plugged? Should I get the adaptor or just plug both holes? I'm concerned heat could be entering at these spots.
Jerry
Quote 0 0
MLTigger
Two hoses should lead to the fan shroud, unless it isn't a stock fan shroud.  These hoses are for your heater system.  If you are running without heater boxes then it is okay to block the holes. The other hose leads to the air cleaner.

Quote 0 0
Toady
I have the two hoses from the heat risers(left and right side)hooked up to the fan shroud. There is a spot on the air cleaner(later type with paper filter)that another hose attaches to(the same size and type the riser hoses are).Soooooo,you have the opening at the end of the neck of the air cleaner which is okey dokey and another hole under the neck of the air cleaner which I believe has a flap on it controled by a thermostat. There should be a riser type hose attached to this neck(the one on the air cleaner). The adaptor attaches to the bottom tin,I think,one end being large enough for the hose from the air cleaner and the other end small enough to fit into the tin. This adaptor is said to be one of the most missing pieces of tin on a type 1 VW. It must be because I've never seen one. Mid-America sells them. Reasonably priced. I'm thinking the adaptor must plug into one of these smaller holes in the bottom tin. I can measure later but at a guess they're about 2" in diameter which is too small to fit the riser type hose through it. There is also another one of these small holes on the left side of the bottom tin. Now, I'll betcha I got ya'll totally confused cause I am. Wish I could take a picture.

Quote 0 0