I have installed new glove box, lever, and cable. I found the straw in a salvage yard but it was cracked near one end. There is no way at secure the straw but everyone says to use one to protect the wire cable. I have it all hooked up but when I move the lever inside glove box the latch near apron doesn't move. I think I may have it routed wrong. Would someone be so kind and send me some pics of your cable at alan1972vw@yahoo.com They would be greatly appreciated. I almost have my taxi done but I don't want to have the hood flying up while I am driving. I have put too much work into this car to wreck it over a cable. Thanks alot for any advice and pics.

Quote 0 0
Wayne

You need the "straw" to allow the cable to pull properly. Mine cracked as well so I put the cracked end at the lock and it worked fine.

Quote 0 0

So Wayne you think that is isn't working because the cable isn't tight enough where it attaches to the latch? Or is it routed wrong? I have in running under the gas filler neck and behind the washer bottle then into the latch itself.

Quote 0 0