Restoring another 72 super b! My question were is the best place to order heater channels for the car? Thanks Kenneth
Quote 0 0
MLTigger

Yeah that is a good question I need to know also

Anyone have experience with mid america motorworks for the pan and heater channel as well as their other metal

What about JC Whitney?

Both of those are closer to me in Indiana then the California parts houses

I have heard a few people say Cip1 does not have good metal

Quote 0 0
kycabledog

Hey MLtigger,

I just bought new pans at a place in New Albany, In. Just across the river from Louisville.From what I can tell the pans look really, really good. Solid and the trial fit seems to line up perfectly.

Bought them from Happys VW Shop.

That guy has just about anything you could want in body metal. Don't know if that's to far from you or not?

Kycabledog

Quote 0 0
NoH2O

I'll second that. Happy's is the biggest little VW shop in the area. That guy's got all kinds of stuff and is full of knowledge.

Steve

'63 Ragtop
'56 Ragtop
'78 Riviera camper

"..at least I'm enjoyin' the ride"
Quote 0 0
MLTigger

about 237 miles from me not too far but too far to drive on a regular basis

Might be worth it to pick up all the big sheet metal parts.  but 40 miles further and I could drive to Mid America

Quote 0 0
MLTigger
NoH2O wrote:

I'll second that. Happy's is the biggest little VW shop in the area. That guy's got all kinds of stuff and is full of knowledge.

Steve

I nee a website or phone # if you have one

Quote 0 0
NoH2O

Support the little guy!  lol!!

MidAmerica is a great resource, don't get me wrong, but all you'll get is your heat channels. Happy will give you customer service. He can honestly answer your questions because he's probably done that job a couple times before.

Steve

'63 Ragtop
'56 Ragtop
'78 Riviera camper

Quote 0 0
MLTigger

I love the smaller shops

I used to frequent J Bugs before they were bought out by California Pacific and moved to Oceanside, Ca

The main reason was it was 2 miles from my house in Hawthorne, Ca

Then when I lived in La Costa, Ca (San Diego) I used VW Paradise which was a great place.

VW shops are a dime a dozen in Cali, out here in the Midwest they aren't common at all.

Quote 0 0
MLTigger

Okay, I found the website

2ND_ONE - Page: 1 of 9

Don't ask me why the link is 2nd ONE LOL

Quote 0 0
NoH2O

You beat me to it. My link wasn't working so I had to go find another way in.

BTW, my buddy just called and said they were at the shop cutting on that roof as we speak. He called to get the measurements. We'll have the shipping figured out tomorrow for you.

Steve

'63 Ragtop
'56 Ragtop
'78 Riviera camper

Quote 0 0
MLTigger

Cool!!! Just let me know

I was curious since it is a 64 clip how will that line up on a curved windsheild super or is the top of the roof the same and just different down below?  I know the roof has the same curve etc but are the windshield posts different?  I'll just have the sunroof section welded in but if it is different I might need to get measurments on a 73 super sunroof location.

Quote 0 0
NoH2O

That's a good question. I would think the roof line is the same. The front pillars are definitely different. Not sure on the dimensions of the later sunroof bugs. '64 is the first year of the metal slider, so things may have changed by the later years. You have to watch cutting into the roof line because the cables run through there that operate it. You might want to check it out before we go any further. I'd hate to ship you something that you can't use.

Steve

'63 Ragtop
'56 Ragtop
'78 Riviera camper

Quote 0 0