gartome
Hi Gartome here I have a 73 supper. At them moment it is in my lockup.I have the engine out for a rebuild the interior is in the trash and I have the front end jacked up and sitting on Axel stands.I just finished patch welding the two inner wings at the bulk head end and Napoleons hat as well.The thing is when I was patching the inner wings I could see the inside of the heater channel and their was nothing inside of them to connect the heat from the engine to the dash bored.I want to know if their is a duct you can bay to run along the inside of the channel, as I was thinking perhaps I could cut a straight line in the channel inside the car insert the replacement duct then seem weld the channel close?
Quote 0 0
space_age_cesar
I might be mistaken, but I don't think that the heater boxes run hot air up to the dash. I'm fairly certain that the ducts end at the driver and passenger side foot wells (outboard side). The vents on the dash are for the fresh air box. Like I said though, I might be mistaken so if someone knows better, please correct me.
1971 SB going through dramatic, arduous, costly, and time consuming modifications (currently: kaputz).
1969 Manual Beetle stock daily driver
Quote 0 0
68autobug
I'm not 100% sure on 1303S Beetles, but on all other beetles, the heater channel finishes just in front of the door hinges... a 25mm convoluted plastic tube then comes up to the dash.. its very difficult to replace the plastic tube if it has been removed, not impossible, but very difficult.. probably be easier to use a piece of 25mm PVC pipe to push onto the round metal pipe at the bottom - on the heater channel.. The heat then goes to the demister vents at the bottom of the windscreen...

Lee -- 68AutoBug --
68AutoBug - helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia & around the World -

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
-
Quote 0 0
gartome
thanks for letting me know how the heater Chanel is made up inside. I was not sure at least I do not have to open it now, after I have done all the patch welding for the
M O T then I might look at replacing the heater Chanel's altogether. Thanks Gartome
Quote 0 0