flash
I guess when the guys did the body work on the front end awhile back they just threw the headlights in and now they're aimimg everywhere.  What's the correct procedure to fix?

Thanks.
Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
YELLRHD
Flash,
just remove the trim ring by removing the single screw at the bottom and that should give you access to the two adjustment screws.
Also make sure they put the correct headlight bucket in the correct fender the side adjustment screw should be towards the out side of the fender they may have got them mixed up

Then find a wall or garage door to use and park your car facing it about 20ft away make sure it is as square to the door as possible.

Your low beams should hit at about 24inches off the ground at 20ft.( this is the old school rough measure we used in body shops before the advent of machines. It is only a ball park adjustment if your state requires them to be checked during inspection I would take them to a shop that does the inspection and let them adjust it with the machine.

if they are to low/high turn the top adjustment screw to raise them or lower them.

As far as left and right adjustment you just have to wing it and try some driving around at night and tweaking.

Quote 0 0
flash
  Thanks...I'm taking a week off from work and that is going to be one of my projects.  Have to find a level place to do it.  My driveway is on a slant.

Thanks again.

Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
spc73
i worked in a body shop for quit a few years... one thing we would do is turn the drivers headlight in just a bit. this way your not blinding oncoming traffic. new cars are also adjusted this way. the same way your cars alighnment should pull you slightly right, just in case you fall asleep. just an FYI
daily driver and it shows
Quote 0 0
68autobug

I hope My beetle 's headlamps don't shine to the RHS

Ours swing to the LHS...

very easy if You know and have lots of practice..

Lee
68AutoBug - helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia & around the World -

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
-
Quote 0 0
spc73
well, in america
daily driver and it shows
Quote 0 0