volky00
i think my engine needs more ground cause burned my distributor rotor and my mechanic told that i need more ground. the question is how to in a bug??? i mean if you have a especial thing or a bug way to do it? thanks.
deutchsland uver alles.
Quote 0 0
olspeed
Burned your distributor rotor? OK I'll bite. If that is truly the cause, check to see if you have the ground strap that goes from the front trans, mount to the pan. It should be a braided wire strap and you will need to crawl under the car to check as it is up by where the "nose cone" of the transmission goes in to the tunnel. Also check the ground strap from the battery to the body and make sure that the connections are clean. But I would be more in the line of how old was the cap and rotor and did you lose the little carbon contact that is up in the center of the cap, they do fall out from time to time. This lets just the spring contact the rotor and burns heck out of things, or it just don't run at all. There are other causes also really old plug wires with lots of resistance ...etc. Anyway good luck and welcome to the forum
Olspeed 
66 Ghia, "Dexter" 76 flat window Beetle
It's not a Car it's a VolksWagon!
Quote 0 0
volky00
real thanks oldspeed. no i didnt loose the carbon, the ignition its an msd distributor and the cables too msd 8.5 silicone wires an a box. i just installit in january current year. the rotor was the factry msd installed. i call msd and they told me that i need grounding that is a comonn problem in that type of cdi.
im gonna check all the things you sai may be they are dirty ,
deutchsland uver alles.
Quote 0 0
volky00
real thanks oldspeed. no i didnt loose the carbon, the ignition its an msd distributor and the cables too msd 8.5 silicone wires an a box. i just installit in january current year. the rotor was the factry msd installed. i call msd and they told me that i need grounding that is a comonn problem in that type of cdi.
im gonna check all the things you sai may be they are dirty ,
deutchsland uver alles.
Quote 0 0