mloret
Hey guys.  I'm Michael.  I live in central VA.  I'm a long time member of the Samba, and while I have enjoyed my time with it, there is a lot of snobbery re: Super Beetles which is unwelcome.  Someone shared this forum so I thought I'd give it a try.

I have a 72 Super Beetle Convertible.  She's an autostick.  I love her but I am interested in getting her converted to manual.  I just lack the know how.  I am trying to work up the courage to drop the engine during the quarantine.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi!  My next project is to install a electric windshield washer once I get my VW back from the mechanic.  The trunk latch mechanism is having issues and the trunk gets stuck

Michael

13912918_10157286577855424_4003776466296218847_nn.jpg 
ML
Quote 0 0
Wayne
Hey Michael! You get nothing but Super Beetle Love in this forum, so welcome! We also have a group on Facebook called SuperBeetles so I hope you join that too!
Quote 0 0
mloret
Thanks Wayne.  I am doing social media detox.  I think it's good for my mental health.  Do you think I am missing a lot on Super Beetles if I'm not on there?
ML
Quote 0 0
Wayne
I totally understand. I started two VW IG accounts and two VW FB groups and it’s driving me crazy. The issue is that this forum isn’t super busy. The Super Beetles Only FB group is very busy and my new group SuperBeetles is just getting started. I would love to see this forum come back to life.
Quote 0 0