chrissamuels

Last Thursday I finally took the beetle out hoping it would run well, A block away from my house, with almost a half a gallon of gas shown on the fuel gauge, I ran out of gas, no problem except I live on a main road, and I couldn't push it fast enough, we got the neighbors, and then a van of big men pulled up. Soon the car was probably going 40, what a sight it was, a bunch of big guys pushing a little yellow beetle. Anyway, I changed all of the fuel gauge components months ago, and they area all, new what could be wrong, I was thinking that the float which I think is called the sending unit in the tank could be stuck of something, I don't know though, and I don't like taking the sending unit out, just wondering if anyone had any tips.

Thanks,

Chris

Quote 0 0
flash

My tip...Take it to a qualified VW Mechanic.

Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
Cobey
Even though it's new, you may need to fool with it a bit to "calibrate" it.  e.g. bend the float arms a little.
[url=http://geeks-at-large.com/ghia](0)(=|=)(0)[/url] 68 Ghia Vert - Gina
[url=http://geeks-at-large.com/edel/](O\U|U/O)[/url] 72 SB Vert Autostick - Edel
Quote 0 0
NYer_in_MI

We haven't a "qualified VW mechanic" here, save for the guys at the local dealership mall that happens to have a VW dealer / shop.  They charge a fortune and, further more, do not take the old air-coolers seriously.  Michigan is, after all, the original home of the "Big 3".  I live in Bay City, which lies along Michigan's I-75 "corridor".  Historically, dealing just with General Motors alone, the whole of the 100 mile stretch between Bay City and Detroit is largely "G.M. Country", with plants that are / had been in cities all between the two points... Pontiac, Flint, Saginaw, ,etc.  One must travel a ways away from this "corridor", either East or West, before one discovers "Volkswagen Sympathisers" in way of certified VW mechanics.

Daniel Mosher
Resident Cartoonist

www.allaircooled.com
www.superbeetles.com
Quote 0 0