January_girl
The seller of the blue '73 that I posted about earlier in the week  is willing to sell me the car for a thousand dollars less if I want it. I told her that $6,500 was a bit steep for me at this time, after paying quarterly taxes this week. She wants it to go to a good home and someone who will baby it. I will be seeing it today. She is the original owner and has all the receipts and says the "new" engine has 66,000 miles on it. It is a German block, not Brazilian.

Wish me luck!

1973 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0
MattB

That price sounds a lot better then the 6500! Good luck!

1974 Super
Quote 0 0
bumblebee73
good job , don't forget about some fresh pics of your new toy.

did i mention that we love pics.
http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k92/my67truck/my%201641cc%20vw%20rail/

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com/link.php?nurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Quote 0 0
January_girl
This car is beautiful. There was no rust, she has the receipts for the major work that was done and I met her mechanic. He said I could get in writing that there is no rust on the car ( I crawled under and poked around myself). The car was painted 5 years ago and it looks like it was painted last week Took it for a long fwy. drive and no shimmies. I'll be picking it up tomorrow!
1973 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0
olspeed
That sounds Great Hope that you have lots of good times with your new Bug. And like bumbleBee said we love Pics and LOTS of them
Olspeed
66 Ghia, "Dexter" 76 flat window Beetle
It's not a Car it's a VolksWagon!
Quote 0 0
VSB74

Fantastic! Glad you found a nice bug at a good price  and don't forget what Olspeed and Bumblebee said about the pics. Bet Wayne would love to feature it too!

Rog
Quote 0 0
January_girl
My mechanic thinks I should check out a one-owner 73 super waaaay down in Mission Viejo. They are asking $1650. Sounds too cheap, doesn't it? I'm still getting the nice Olympia Blue one for $5,500, I think it is worth it. The Blue one has  literally $7,000 put into the new engine, trans., paint, new rubber, headliner, gas lines, etc. I saw the invoice for the work. The seller also has this beautiful replica of a 1958 Porsche roadster ( or speedster?) that she had specially built up in Canada and shipped down. Man, that thing is sweet and immaculate. Must be nice to be rich
1973 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0
flash

January_girl wrote:
My mechanic thinks I should check out a one-owner 73 super waaaay down in Mission Viejo. They are asking $1650. Sounds too cheap, doesn't it? I'm still getting the nice Olympia Blue one for $5,500, I think it is worth it. The Blue one has  literally $7,000 put into the new engine, trans., paint, new rubber, headliner, gas lines, etc. I saw the invoice for the work. The seller also has this beautiful replica of a 1958 Porsche roadster ( or speedster?) that she had specially built up in Canada and shipped down. Man, that thing is sweet and immaculate. Must be nice to be rich

OK..let's cut to the chase.  When do we get to see pictures?

Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
January_girl
You can see pics on my original post titled "$6500 too much for '73?" or something like that. Hopefully the link still exists.
1973 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0
January_girl
Ooops. That's not the title. It's something like Need Help.......
1973 Super Beetle
Quote 0 0