Jerky_san

I've installed a new alt from a gen and it actually works very well. The only problem I have is when i turn on my blinker the gen light flashes with the little arrows. The flasher will flash and go out and while it is out the gen light will come on go off and then the flasher will come on again.. Its kinda odd.. Has anyone ever incountered this problem? Anyone know a quick fix?

Quote 0 0
taylor0192

Not really sure on this. I'm having generator problems cause for whatever reason my battery will not stay charged. After the problem I got a new generator and voltage regulator. After replacing them both it still didnt work. Brought it to the shop and they found that my regulator was only putting out 4.5 volts through the one side but was getting the 12v directly from the battery(they charged my battery cause it was dead). Here is what the shop did to it; -Inspected wiring and found field connection loose. -Repaired green field wire and system is now charging. -Vehicle sat for one day and then would not start. - Peformed electrical systems test and found the battery bad. -When battery was replaced with a test unit, the vehicle charged fine.......So I went and took my old battery back because I only had it a year, drive it home and all was fine. The next day I took it too school and all was fine. I left and the after about 4 blocks I accelerated kind of hard and the light came one. I took it to the shop and they can't look at it until Monday(1/7/08) so I got back in the car and when I started it the light was off. The guy said it sounds like an eletrical problem. I Drove it about 12 miles and noticed my turn signal light wasnt showing so I push my turn signal connection tighter. Got back in and my generator light was back on. Brought it home and I have the same thing going on the with the voltage as before.

1972 Volkswagen Super Beetle
Quote 0 0
Jerky_san

When I get home from work and delievering a computer to a guy I'll look into why your stuff is messin up..

Quote 0 0