Jerky_san

Since I've been posting about different things I've done.. I figured I would post about this.. I'm about to get my insta-heat blower motors so I decided "well I should redo my stuff".. So I looked at all my hoses and most are damaged in some way up front. Except for 2.. So what I did was I (being kind of stupid) was like well I'll just replace all the hoses ^_^;.. yeah that one that goes down to the heater channel in the floor can be a painful reminder of why you should think something over a lot.. Anyway.. i was able to reach my hand all the way to the bottom on the passenger side to pull out any trash and the last piece of the piping.. After this attempting to get the aluminum hose over it again was well extremely hard.. So my dad had the idea of cutting around 2-3 inches of pvc pipe that had a flared end of and shove it in there.. Then put another piece on the end of that and then put the hose over all of that.. Amazingly its was a lot easier to do that then it was to attempt to get the hose on. The flared end was just a little bit larger and it was around 1.5 inches long. So when you shoved the other end in it made a seal but also made it where blowing it out or anything is kind of hard.(hope I never have to take it out again).. Anyway I read over at rob and dave's website they had problems doing this so I thought I would share how i did mine.. The driver side is going to be the hardest since there’s the brake fluid is over there but well see what happens..

Quote 0 0
methylman
I had no problem replacing the hose I needed, the side defrost hose (#35 in the diagram). Wolfsburg West had it. It was also no problem to install (it fits like original equipment). Along with the jute insulation I wrapped around the #34 piece, it looks pretty much stock in the trunk now. Unfortunately, I still have draft coming through the piece surrounding the speedometer when I'm really moving. I think replacing that piece (which seems to have fabric behind it, which is missing or ripped) may reduce the draft. But hey, summer is just around the corner, right?
Quote 0 0
Jerky_san

Welp i just installed my insta-heat thing so i'll be reporting how well it works tommorrow..

Quote 0 0
Jerky_san

well i just went and got gas and from me driving half a mile and leaving the engine running while filling up it got very warm.. So tommorow morning we shall see what happens..

Quote 0 0
Jerky_san

Welp its working great.. I need my thermostat put back in but other then that... It is great.. I'm beginning to wonder if my head's will be cooler since it will have a lot more air flowing through the exchangers..

Quote 0 0