benandcarol
Need some help from the experts, I am trying to figure out how to hinge my hood so that it tilts forward.  I bought some gas struts from redline that look pretty cool, that I will be using to hold the hood open.  The reason I'm wanting to do this is I am having a mural airbrushed on the hood and I want to show it off at car shows.  Plus trying to find hinges for a 73 super beetle are next to impossible.  Any suggestions you guy's might have would be a great help.
Butch McNay
Quote 0 0
benandcarol
Appreciate all the input, guess this isn't the forum for modified or customs, sorry.
Butch McNay
Quote 0 0
flash

benandcarol wrote:
Need some help from the experts, I am trying to figure out how to hinge my hood so that it tilts forward.  I bought some gas struts from redline that look pretty cool, that I will be using to hold the hood open.  The reason I'm wanting to do this is I am having a mural airbrushed on the hood and I want to show it off at car shows.  Plus trying to find hinges for a 73 super beetle are next to impossible.  Any suggestions you guy's might have would be a great help.

Are you talking about the cool air kit stand offs that kick the deck lid our about 3" at the top?  You can buy these easily.  They're a must out here in the 114 degree Arizona desert.

Loren R. Knapp
In The Hot Sonoran Desert of Arizona - 73 Super Beetle "The Blues."
Quote 0 0
ryen74
I think he is talking about the trunk hood. To make something that opens away from the car vice towards the car like they normally do, you imagination is your only limition factor. You said you have the shocks. I would find a heavy duty hinge and iether bolt or weld it in and remove the stock hinges.
Ryen
"Arizona dreamin'"
Quote 0 0