Bullyboy
You have to disconnect the cable and push it out the front. The wires in the rear should be long enough to pull off when its out. There is only a rubber ring gasket that holds it in
Mark, Dorinda, and Wilbur
Quote 0 0
gartome
Hi their back again, I bought may 73 supper bug and the speedo had been taken out of the dash I have another one but I am not sure how to wire it back in. If anyone has done this can the advise me on it. Thanks Gartome
Quote 0 0
68autobug
Maybe Wayne can help... I haven't had any experience with 1303S Beetles... 1302S Yes plus standard Beetles Yes..
Best of Luck..

Lee --
68AutoBug - helping keep air cooled Volkswagens alive in Australia & around the World -

http://community.webshots.com/user/vw68autobug
-
Quote 0 0
Bullyboy
I have pictures of the rear of the speedo with the wires attached. if you want I can e-mail you
Quote 0 0
Hey Bullyboy....
Your the man...Bullyboy sent me some pictures of the wiring of the speedo. Great pic's...I'm up and going again. Thanks again Bully....Hotdam
Quote 0 0
Wayne
I've got a rebuilt KPH speedo waiting to go into my Super. How do you get the old one out? Do you have to disconnect the speedo cable and wires before you pull it out?
Quote 0 0
Wayne
Thanks Mark. Can you get your hands up in behind the dash to disconnect the speedo cable?
Quote 0 0
Wayne....
On my 73 super, when I first took the speedo out thats what I did. Yes you can get your hand up there to remove the speedo cable. But after putting it in and out a few times to get it just right, I found that I could push it out from behind and then disconnect the speedo cable from the front. But I do have some long fingers. Cheers Hotdam.
Quote 0 0
P.S. That was with the steering wheel off...Hotdam
Quote 0 0

can you send me the pics to in the same boat

sorry if this is an old thread i need pics of the 73 speedo wiring

Quote 0 0
Bullyboy

He Hotdam, If you still have the pics of the speedo can you send them back to me ? I lost a bunch of pics when our pc crashed and those were some of them.

Quote 0 0

I just replaced the face on my original speedo but want to replace the ring that holds the clear plastic window. i want a chrome-like ring or I'm gonna buy some chrome paint.......desperate

Quote 0 0