shaun
just picked up a 1971 super....well....i think it's a super.
it's a 1302 with originally a 1500 motor and it was kitted out with an autostick tranny.
3 days after purchase i had engine troubles so rather than diagnosing the problem i just changed engines to the spare i had, the spare is a 1600 single port.

dont LIKE automatics much but the autostick is growing on my a little. i can still powerslide with the crappy fat tires and mags hehe. much fun.

it's a bit girlyfied and now my sister has made up her mind that she dosent want to purchase it off me then it's getting DE-girlyfied asap. the biggest job will be the painting.

the plan is to do up the 1500 motor with twin carbs etc and what ever basic power mods one can do on stock cooling, add an alternator and then mate it to a manual tranny and put in the beetle at a later stage.

just thought i'd put that out there and say hi.
so happy to be an owner

shaun
beetles rock.....clearly.....
Quote 0 0
MY72BUG
You have your plans together so go for it and keep us posted.  Welcome aboard!
Quote 0 0
shaun
hehe plans just changed!
today i picked up yet ANOTHER beetle, it's a 74', manual, bitza (std beetle front end, rest is super beetle 1302) and it has all the porche body kit and fiberglass fenders and other fancy gizmo's. dont think i'll be going off-road in that one!
but the look is growing on me, so my sister is buying the pink 1302 autostick from me. 
so much to do, so much fun!!
beetles rock.....clearly.....
Quote 0 0