VSB74

Can anyone give me any info on the following engine number?     9465086        Thanks!

Rog
Quote 0 0
greggholmes
try this:

http://www.lightner.net/ybdb/serno.html

Quote 0 0
Wayne

It looks to be a 1300cc out of a '65 Beetle.

Quote 0 0
VSB74

That's what I thought it was too, Wayne. The problem is my 1300 exhaust won't bolt up to it, about a half inch difference on either side. I'm having a hard time find anything on all the charts I look at that starts with a 9. I even cleaned the engine extremly well to make sure I wasn't missing a number. Maybe my exhaust is the wrong one? Thanks for the info though.

Rog
Quote 0 0
BugMan

Something sounds fishy VSB74.  I just helped a friend of mine build a 1600 using a 1300 core and we reused the 1300 exhaust.  How is it off?  Is the exhaust too wide??  narrow??

Quote 0 0
VSB74

It's too wide Bugman, if I bolt up one side the other is way off. If I were to bend each pipe in towards the center about a half inch it would probably fit but I don't think it would mount flush.

Rog
Quote 0 0
NoH2O
If the number comes back as a '65, it's still a 1200cc. '66 was a one year 1300. Those would have a 0 as the first number. That number came back on my sources as a '65. That may be why your having problems with the exhaust. 40hp exhaust is most likely smaller. Can't say for sure, but that would explain why the 1300 exhaust is too wide.

Steve
'63 Ragtop
'56 Ragtop
'78 Riviera camper

"..at least I'm enjoyin' the ride"
Quote 0 0
VSB74

Thanks for the info Steve, at least I know now what to buy parts for! This forum has been a BIG help!

Rog
Quote 0 0