dods1600

Just got the rebuilt motor into my car this weekend. I had to change the clutch so while i was in there I thought that I might as well throw in the motor i had lying around. No time to work on it this week but I will be finishing it this weekend and I hope to god that the thing runs.

1600cc biggest most powerful engine for a stock beetle. Power house!:) Smokes the tires in first in the rain
Quote 0 0
Wayne

I've heard that you can drop the motor in a Bug in about 15 minutes...so it's no big deal if you have to swap it out

Quote 0 0
dods1600

Well the whole lot is back in and it runs like a bag of garbage. Looks like I'm stuck with the bike for a few more weeks... 15 mins to get it out 5 hours to put it in.

1600cc biggest most powerful engine for a stock beetle. Power house!:) Smokes the tires in first in the rain
Quote 0 0
dods1600

Well turns out the engine has a high duration cam in it, I gave it to someone to tune for me and it runs far better now. I'm just happy to be back in a beetle. Now comes the time where I have to break in the engine, I have 40 miles on it so I have a little bit til the rings seat. It's like a brand new car.

Quote 0 0